PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
Patient Care Technician
Patient Care Technicians are individuals able to cover a wide-range of specialties in the Healthcare Industry. At American Vocational Academy training typically spans just a few months. Students must complete a certificate program in Nursing Assistant, Phlebotomy, EKG, Medical Terminology and CPR certification. Patient Care Technicians are under the supervision of doctors, nurses and medical professionals. Their duties include taking vital signs, collecting specimens, performing ECGs and assisting patients. PCT’s often work in hospitals, clinics or rehabilitation facilities and may use their training and experience to pursue other Healthcare Careers.
To successfully complete the PCT program, students must complete the following: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Florida, Electrocardiogram (EKG), Phlebotomy, CardioPulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Advanced Nursing Skills. Once our students complete the requirements of the Patient Care Technician program, they’re eligible to take the National Certified Patient Care Technician (NCPCT) exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). We guide our students in the process of registering for the national exams at their own time. American Vocational Academy is National Evaluation Center for NHA. Students take their certification exams in our facility.
- Course Total Cost: Please call for more information
- Down Payment: $350
- The remaining amount is due through a financing plan detailed below.
- Weekly payments starting from $110
- Bi-weekly payments starting from $220
- Ask for our special financing options, we can build a plan adapted to your needs. Call now at 407.483.7887. Customer support available in English and Spanish.
Subscribe now to get weekly information about our promotions, discounts, courses and more!
- In School Financing with 0% Interest
- Morning, Evening & Saturday classes.
- FREE Uniform (Scrubs)
- FREE Book & Workbook
- Multiple Class Discount
- Classes in English & Spanish
- Job Placement Assistance
- Duration 5-6 months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English, Spanish